Akai Professional MPK225
The MPK 225 from Akai Professional is a compact performance pad and keyboard controller that combines software integration, enhanced workflow and core technologies from the MPC workstations, with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plug-ins, DAWs, and more. The keyboard is optimized to interface directly with a Mac or PC computer with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
The controller features twenty-five semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch, eight assignable knobs, four backlit buttons, eight MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs and switches (up to twenty-four and twelve respectively). Onboard octave up and down controls allows players to access the entire melodic range.
Genuine MPC functionality includes Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels. An arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly. The music production suite of software includes Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials for out-of-the-box music creation. MPC Essentials can run standalone and extends the functionality of the controller by adding up to eight pad banks and four samples and insert effects per pad. Two virtual synthesizers are available, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech and SONiVOX Twist.
- Twenty-five semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Eight RGB-illuminated MPC pads each with four banks
- Twelve assignable Q-Link controllers include eight control knobs and four backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input and output
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- Assignable footswitch jack and one expression jack (pedals not included)
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package includes Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)