Akai Professional MPK Mini MKIII
Styled in a sleek white finish, the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKIII is an ultracompact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. It is an upgrade over the previous iteration in several key ways.
First, it boasts a redesigned keybed for a more robust feel. A new OLED display offers vital feedback on DAW mode selection, velocity level, CC, and other important parameters. You’ll also notice that the eight touchpads have a new, yet familiar feel to them: this model flies in the pads from the company’s flagship MPC line.
The unit continues to offer twenty-five velocity-sensitive synth-action mini keys, as well as a four-way thumbstick for pitch and modulation manipulation, and eight assignable Q-Link knobs. With an array of hardware controls, the MPK Mini allows for recording, composing, and performing, whenever and wherever inspiration strikes.
A sustain pedal input is built-in for expressive playing and recording (pedal not included). An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations. The unit has a USB Type-B port and is class compliant, requiring no drivers for you to download—simply connect the controller over USB to your computer, and you’re good to go.
Production software and virtual instruments are included for immediate music creation, including a DAW based on MPC workflow, as well as software including MPC Beats, AIR Hybrid, Mini Grand, Velvet and assorted MPC Expansion packs. Finally, the unit comes with an array of sound choices aimed in giving your productions the aura of an immediately professional sound. These include F9 Instruments, Sample Tools by Cr2, Decap, MSX Sound Design and more.
Key Features at a Glance
- 25 Mini keys featuring a redesigned Gen 2 keybed for dynamic expression and precise articulation
- OLED display for immediate parameter feedback
- 8 bankable MPC performance pads with Note Repeat and full level functions
- 8 endless rotary knobs
- 4-way joystick for pitch and modulation control
- Class-compliant USB connectivity
- Built-in arpeggiator
- Sustain pedal input jack
- Sturdy design and build
- Over 1500 sounds and a comprehensive software bundle, including the Complete Music Production Starter Kit with MPC Beats, six virtual instruments (Bassline, Tubesynth, Electric, Hybrid 3, Mini Grand, Velvet) and 2GB of sound content
There are no reviews yet.