- The Audio-Technica Pro 63 is a general-purpose handheld microphone designed for instrument or vocal capturing in recording or sound-reinforcement applications. The dynamic capsule features a neodymium magnet that provides high output levels while maintaining a low noise floor. The tailored frequency response eliminates low-frequency noise and enhances mid-range and high frequencies. The result is greater intelligibility while capturing vocals and enhanced detail when capturing instruments. The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing ambiance and off-axis noise. The cardioid pickup pattern allows use nearby monitors and adjacent instruments with minimal leakage or feedback. The rugged enclosure features a two-stage ball-type head case for that provides superior “pop” filtering and wind-noise reduction.
- Neodymium Magnet
- The Pro 63 features a neodymium magnet on the output stage. The neodymium magnet provides high output gain levels while maintaining a low noise floor.
- Contoured Frequency Response
- The contoured frequency response features a low-frequency roll-off and a rise at the upper and mid-range frequencies. The result is enhanced intelligibility and “air” while minimizing low frequency noise and rumble.
- Two-Stage Ball Head
- The rugged exterior features a two-stage ball type head for reduces “pop” sounds and wind noise.
Audio-Technica Pro 63 Specs
|Frequency Response||70 Hz to 16 kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Power Requirements||Dynamic element – no external power required|
|Output Impedance||300 Ohms|
|Output Connectors||3-pin XLR male|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||No|
|Dimensions||7.17 x 1.63″ / 182.1 x 41.4 mm (Length x Head Diameter)|
|Weight||10.9 oz / 309 g|
|Package Weight||1.95 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.7 x 5.3 x 3.2″|