Shure MX392/C Cardiod Boundary Microphone
The MX392 from Shure is a surface-mounted, electret condenser microphone. It is designed to be mounted on conference tables, stage floors, and lecterns. Its high sensitivity and wide frequency range makes it especially suitable for picking up speech and vocals in sound reinforcement and recording applications. Interchangeable cartridges provide the installer with greater flexibility and make it possible to easily reconfigure microphone coverage as the need arises. An internal preamplifier is included.
MX392 series microphones take advantage of the principle that, at a barrier or boundary, the sound pressure level doubles. When placed near a sufficiently large boundary surface, the microphone has 6 dB higher sensitivity and approximately 3 dB greater direct-to-reverberant sound ratio.
- Flat frequency response across the vocal range for uncolored sound
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide a choice of polar pattern for each application
- Sleek, low-profile design for surface mounting
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise
- Programmable mute button
- LED indicator
- Logic input/output for remote control or use with automatic mixers
- RF filtering