PreSonus Fat Channel XT – Complete Channel Strip Plug-in
Fat Channel XT brings award-winning StudioLive processors and State Space models of vintage EQs and compressors to your DAW of choice. Fat Channel XT was designed to be the ultimate channel strip for any input or bus with a variable high pass filter, gate/expander, compressor, EQ, and limiter-all in one singular plug-in. In addition to the classic StudioLive compressor and EQ modules, you get two State Space Modeled compressors and EQs recreated from coveted vintage studio gear. Need more virtual analog goodness? Fat Channel XT can be expanded with any or all of the eight compressor and seven EQ models in the Fat Channel Plug-in Collection.
The included compressor and EQ models are as follows.
Compressor offers the following choices:
Standard – A flexible, modern compressor, with a clean, hi-fi sound
Tube – A model of one of the best-loved vintage tube-based opto-compressors. Excels at vocal smoothing and at making bass instruments sound larger-than-life.
FET – A model of one of the most-used vintage FET-based compressors. Great for adding an aggressive edge and accentuating room sound for drums, guitars, and other highly-transient signals.
Equalizer offers the following choices:
Standard – A flexible, full-featured modern EQ, with a clean, hi-fi sound.
Passive – A model of one of the most sought-after vintage tube-based passive EQs. Deceptively simple controls and a rich, thick sound make it perfect for gentle tone-shaping or adding vintage character.
Vintage – A model of what some call the “final word” in vintage solid-state EQs. Combines an “everything sounds better through it” quality with musically-chosen EQ frequencies for quick, reliable tonal magic.
The vintage compressors and EQ in Fat Channel XT are meticulously recreated from the original analog circuits using State Space Modeling technology. This same technology also powers the Ampire amp models, Channel Strip Collection plug-ins, and the Studio One Console Shaper, ensuring that the nuanced, variable sonic character of analog survives its transition to the digital realm.
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system.
PreSonus Fat Channel XT Features
- Compatible with VST3, Audio Unit and AAX compatible host applications
- Compatible with Studio One 4.6 and higher. Prime only (included in Artist and Professional)
- Use award-winning Studio Live processors and State Space models of vintage EQs and compressors in your DAW of choice
- 5 processors in one plug-in: high-pass filter, noise gate/ expander, compressor, EQ, limiter
- 3 compressor models to choose from: Studio Live Standard plus State Space modeled Tube and FET modules
- 3 EQ models to choose from: StudioLive Standard plus Passive and Vintage modules
- Additional State Space modeled compressor and EQ modules are available with Fat Channel Add-ons
- Each processor can be individually enabled/ disabled
- EQ and Compressor position can be switched
- Easy installation, authorization, and updates from PreSonus Hub plug-in manager application