Tascam DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio
Tascam DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio is a compact, battery-powered multitrack recorder, featuring two built-in omnidirectional condenser microphones and WAV file resolution up to 16-bit/44.1kHz. Additionally, two balanced XLR inputs and two unbalanced 1/4″ TS inputs can be used to record mic, line or Hi-Z instrument signals. The XLR inputs have switchable 48V Phantom power. Designed with analog functionality and dedicated control knobs, the DP-008EX is ideal for on-the-spot recording. A Mini USB 2.0 output facilitates high-speed file transfer to your Mac or PC.
The DP-008EX features onboard effects on all its input channels. Compressor, 2-band shelving EQ, de-esser and exciter are available on each track. Additionally, the DP-008EX has six different types of reverb built-in. Mastering effects for the stereo mix are also included, offering 2-band EQ, multi-band compression and normalizing. An Auto Analysis Mastering tool is also included, making the process easy, just choose between Natural or Maximum.
The DP-008EX provides a line output on a stereo pair of RCA jacks, as well as an 1/8″ stereo headphone output. An integrated chromatic tuner and metronome help you perfect your performance. For elongated battery life, the DP-008EX is compatible with Tascam’s BP-6AA external battery pack. It can also be powered by the PS-P520 AC adapter. Both alternative powering solutions are sold separately.
- Versatile Recording and Data Transfer
- The DP-008EX can record, import and export 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files. It is compatible with both mono and stereo files.
- Recording Media Included
- The DP-008EX records WAV files to SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, a 2GB card is included. High-speed data transfer is available through the onboard USB 2.0 port. Your files can then be imported to your favorite DAW.
- Recording / Playback Engines
- The DP-008EX can record 2 mono tracks or 1 stereo track simultaneously. It offers up to 8 tracks of simultaneous playback.
- Additional Features
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Selectable low/high microphone sensitivity
- Independent level / pan / reverb send controls per track
- Backlit 128 x 64 dot-matrix LCD
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Undo / Redo function
- Track editing functions
- Backup and restore songs