Shure ULXD2/KSM9HS Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with KSM9HS Capsule
The Shure ULXD2/KSM9HS is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with ULX-D and QLX-D receivers. It comes equipped with a dual-diaphragm KSM9HS condenser capsule that captures sonic nuances with superior detail, delivering precise vocal reproduction for high-end live performance.
The KSM9HS capsule offers two switchable polar patterns to provide FOH engineers with more choices in dealing with varying environments or the microphone techniques of different performers. The hypercardioid pattern offers excellent off-axis rejection and extended gain before feedback, making it an ideal choice in loud environments. The subcardioid pattern provides a wide coverage angle with subtle off axis-rejection, resulting in a natural sound and minimized proximity effect.
With rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the ULXD2/KSM9HS transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options for professional sound-reinforcement applications.
Clear, Accurate Audio with Interchangeable Capsule
- The unit delivers clear, reliable 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio over its entire 330′ range, great for live performances and presentations in music venues, houses of worship, and conference spaces.
- The KSM9HS capsule with dual 3/4” gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provides a consistent frequency response.
- The mic features a Class-A, discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and no crossover distortion.
- The integrated three-stage “pop” protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noises.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM9HS capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, SM58, SM86, SM87A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Shure Proprietary Gain Ranging automatically adjusts the mic input level, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- 0.25/10/20mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter’s range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 11 hours on two AA batteries.
- Optional Shure SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack offers intelligent power management with over 12 hours of battery life, precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging with the SBC200 dual-docking charger (available separately).
- The networkable SBC220 charger (available separately) allows for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
There are no reviews yet.