The D 5 dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The D 5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The new Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
- Extremely rugged vocal/speech microphone
- Available with or without on/off switch
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Spring steel wire-mesh grill
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Range: 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 147/156 dB SPL (for 1% / 3% THD)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18 dB-A
- Impedance: <= 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >= 2000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: Matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: length 7.3″ (185.2 mm); Diameter: 2″ (51mm)
- Net Weight: 12 oz. (340 g)
- Shipping Weight: 1.45 lbs. (655 g)