Shure QLXD14/SM35 Digital Wireless Cardioid Performance Headset Microphone System
The QLXD14/93 operates in the VHF band to transmit pristine 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio with clarity, accurate low end, and crisp transient response. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver solid RF signal stability without audio artifacts. You can run up to 30 mic channels at the same location.
The system comes with a WL93 omnidirectional lavalier microphone optimized for speech intelligibility in applications where a visually unobtrusive microphone is desirable. The bodypack transmitter provides up to 9 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with selectable 1/10mW RF power and a transmission range up to 330′.
The receiver features audio and RF meters, 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4″ instrument outputs. A large LCD screen and intuitive controls let you quickly make adjustments, even in low-light situations. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning, IR sync, and internal limiting to prevent clipping.
The Ethernet port allows multiple receivers to be easily networked together for simplified frequency coordination and deployment via Shure’s Wireless Workbench (WWB) software.
Rugged Bodypack Transmitter with Miniature Lav Mic for Hands-Free Presentations
- The WL93 condenser lavalier mic features an omnidirectional polar pattern which picks up sound evenly from all directions, allowing for flexible mic-positioning.
- The lavalier mic plugs into the locking TA4M connection on the compact QLXD1 bodypack transmitter. The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates a wide variety of speaking styles and mic levels and even instrument-level audio.
- The rugged, all-metal transmitter features a backlit LCD that displays essential information and provides fast menu access. It can be locked out to prevent accidental changes during a performance. The transmitter syncs to the receiver via infrared with a quick press on the Sync button.
Robust Performance with Digital Switching Diversity Reception
- The system operates in the V50: 174 to 216 MHz VHF band with a 42 MHz tuning range and 1680 selectable frequencies.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur.
- Two detachable 1/2 wave dipole antennas are included.
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy by using a unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled.
- Low latency makes the system ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement.
Intelligent Hardware Simplifies Setup, Monitoring, and Control
- The receiver’s scanning function automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain with an internal limiter that automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio.
- Intuitive front-panel controls with audio and RF LED meters as well as a peak indicator, allow for quick visual checks.
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring, and control of your system as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench software (WWB) for Mac/Windows.
- The system is compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston.
- Remote Control: Make adjustments from anywhere in the venue from your iPad/iPhone via the ShurePlus Channels Mobile App for iOS devices.
Smart Power Management Options
- Smart Power Management on Transmitter: The SB900A lithium-ion intelligent rechargeable battery with SBC charger (both available separately) provide extended transmitter battery life over alkaline batteries.
- The SB900A’s remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver’s front panel.
Enhance the Reliability of Your System
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
A Variety of Options to Meet Your Needs
Shure offers numerous lavalier, headset, and handheld microphone options to adapt your QLX-D system as your needs evolve.
- The WL185 (cardioid) and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer narrower, feedback-resistant pickup patterns for louder events.
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The SM35 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.
- The QLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with several mic capsules choices for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.