PreSonus Quantum 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 Low-latency Audio Interface
The PreSonus Quantum 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 Low-latency Audio Interface is a low-latency audio interface which, via analog, ADAT, and S/PDIF connections, gives you up to 26 inputs and up to 32 outputs. The unit’s converters allow for low-latency recording, as well as dynamic ranges greater than 120 dB on both the ADC (analog to digital) and DAC (digital to analog) side. Furthermore, the Quantum captures audio at 24-bit resolutions, achieving sample rates up to 192 kHz.
For analog I/O, the Quantum provides a sizeable complement of eight inputs and 10 outputs, including two combination 1/4″ / XLR jacks for instruments, mic-level, and line-level signals, as well as six combination XLR/TRS jacks for balanced audio (mic and line); your output section, on the other hand, offers eight 1/4″ TRS terminations, two balanced 1/4” monitor connection points, and two headphone jacks with dedicated volume controls. The inputs provided are PreSonus’s recallable XMAX pres. Every analog output is DC-coupled, and the line outputs can also deliver control voltages for analog gear.
Onto the digital I/O, wherein you’ll find two banks of optical ADAT I/O, as well as S/PDIF connections, bringing the grand total of ins and outs to 26×32. You’ll find that the unit sports BNC wordclock connections, thus facilitating wordclock sync with other pieces of gear in your studio, such as a master clock. 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O lets you connect your control or provide MIDI signal to apposite units. 10 eight-segment LED meters are provided, as are mute, dim, and mono functions—quite useful during mixing. A talkback system and internal talkback mic will allow you to communicate with artists over their headphones while they record. Thunderbolt 2 ports offer connections to your host computer, and with two of them on hand, you can chain multiple units (up to four, if you so choose). Included with the Quantum is a version of PreSonus’s very own DAW, Studio One Artist.
Key Features at a Glance
- 26×32 Thunderbolt 2 low-latency audio interface
- 24-bit resolution
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- 120 dB dynamic range
- 2 x combo mic/instrument/line inputs with recallable XMAX preamps
- 6 x combo mic/line inputs with recallable XMAX preamps
- +48V phantom power (global)
- 10 x 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output)
- 2 main 1/4″ TRS outputs for monitoring
- 8 1/4″ TRS line outputs for insert sends
- 2 1/4” TRS headphone outputs with dedicated volume knobs
- Dual ADAT Optical I/O banks
- S/PDIF, MIDI, and BNC wordclock I/O
- Assignable output level control
- Mute/Dim, Mono, and Talkback switches with internal Talkback microphone
- Stackable Thunderbolt ports for combining up to four Quantum units
- Studio One Artist Included