Allen & Heath SQ-6 48-Channel/36-Bus Digital Mixer with 24+1 Motorized Faders and 6 Layers, 16 Softkeys
48 channel / 36 bus digital mixer
SQ-6 is a next generation digital mixer, powered by Allen & Heath’s revolutionary XCVI 96kHz FPGA engine. Created to excel in demanding scenarios such as AV, corporate events, live productions and houses of worship, SQ-6 offers class-leading high-resolution audio fidelity and an ultra-low latency of <0.7ms. The console features 24 exceptional onboard mic preamps, plus 8 stereo FX engines with dedicated return channels and access to the renowned RackExtra FX library. SQ is a natural choice for in-ear monitor setups, providing 12 stereo mixes (configurable as groups or auxes), whilst Automatic Mic Mixing makes it an excellent choice for conferences, panel talks and more.
• Compact Digital Mixer for Live, Studio and Installation
• 96kHz FPGA processing
• 48 Input Channels
• 24 Local Mic Inputs (XLR)
• 2-1/4″ Stereo Inputs (TRS)
• 3.5mm Stereo Input
• 36 Total Busses
• 12 Stereo Mix (Aux or Group) + Main
• PAFL Bus
• 16 Assignable Local Outputs (14 XLR + 2-1/4″ TRS)
• AES Digital Output
• Dedicated Talkback mic input (XLR)
• 1/4″ TRS Headphone out with dedicated control
• SLink EtherCON connection for remote audio using dSnake, DX or gigaACE protocol (64×64 channels)
• I/O Port for Option Card (including 3rd party protocols – Dante/Waves)
• 8 Mute Groups
• 8 DCA Groups
• 8 Stereo FX with dedicated FX Returns
• DEEP Processing Ready
• RackFX Effects suite
• 7″ color touchscreen
• 16 Assignable SoftKeys
• 4 Assignable Soft Rotaries
• Dedicated physical controls for channel processing (Gain, HPF Frequency, Gate Threshold, Compressor Threshold, Pan, EQ Gain/Frequency/Width)
• 24+1 Faders with 6 Layers for 96 assignable Channel Strips
• Motorized faders for sends on faders, GEQ fader flip and mix recall
• 24 Backlit LCD Channel Strip displays
• Single Point Metering
• Integrated Surface Illumination
• Single/Dual Footswitch Control
• Input channel linking for stereo sources
• Patchable Insert points
• Input processing – Preamp, HPF, Gate, PEQ, Compressor, Delay
• Output processing – PEQ, Graphic EQ, Compressor, Delay
• Automatic Mic Mixing
• 31 Band Real Time Analyser
• Quick copy/paste/reset for parameters
• User Permissions to restrict operator access
• 300 Scene memories per show
• Channel Safes, Global and per Scene Recall Filters
• FX, processing and channel Libraries
• SQ-Drive for stereo and multitrack recording/playback direct to USB drive
• USB transfer of Scenes, Libraries, Shows
• 32×32 channel USB streaming to/from Mac/PC
• DAW Control driver for MIDI control via USB or TCP/IP
• Wireless remote mixing apps for iPad and Android
• Compatible with ME personal monitoring range
• 3 Stereo Matrix
• Chromatic channel metering
96kHz XCVI Core
SQ is a future-proofed, next-generation console, powered by Allen & Heath’s 96kHz XCVI FPGA engine. XCVI delivers class-leading high resolution audio quality, ultra-low latency of <0.7ms, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, mix coherency down to the sample and the sheer power to handle high channel / mix counts and ample FX / processing.
DEEP processing ready
SQ’s DEEP processing architecture allows owners to hand-pick boutique compressor and preamp emulations to suit their style and needs. DEEP plugins can be embedded directly within the mixer’s inputs and mix channels, all without adding system latency or setup hassles.
The Ultimate IEM Mixer
With no less than 12 stereo mixes and super-low latency and both parametric and graphic EQ on every mix, SQ is the perfect companion for in-ear monitoring setups. SQ’s airline-friendly compactness and rugged build quality mean there’s no reason to gamble on house monitor consoles again.
Expandable up to 48 mics
SQ-6 has all the onboard I/O you need for standalone operation. Thanks to its SLink intelligent port, SQ can also be expanded up to a total of 48 mic inputs via a family of 96kHz and 48kHz rack and stage box expanders (e.g. AB168, AR2412, AR84 and DX168), making it a flexible, mix ‘n’ match solution for owners of other Allen & Heath digital systems. You can also link your SQ directly to another SQ or even a dLive system.
Dante, Waves and more
SQ is the centerpiece of a growing ecosystem of apps, expanders, audio networking, personal mixers and more, allowing you to connect, adapt and expand to your heart’s content. It’s compatible with leading audio networking standards too – add an audio networking card such as Dante or Waves to SQ’s I/O port and you’re ready to integrate with installed systems, provide a digital FoH / Monitor split and more.
Flexible multitrack recording
The integrated SQ-Drive makes it quick and easy to capture a 96kHz multitrack or stereo recording of the show direct to a USB key or drive. No software setup, no soundcard driver issues and no extra laptop to bring to the performance. SQ-Drive is also a smart way to manage walk-in music. Also provided is a built-in 32×32 96kHz audio interface for multitrack recording, backing tracks or virtual soundcheck applications. The interface is Core Audio and ASIO compliant and comes complete with MIDI and DAW control capabilities.
SQ’s advanced automatic mic mixer (AMM) features make it ideally suited to mixing conferences, panel talks and TV shows. It’s fully integrated in the mixer too, with no extra latency, so you don’t need to route the audio to an internal DSP rack or an external plugin system.
Designed for the pro
We know that the live environment can be tough on gear – that’s why we devised our most punishing regime of testing and retesting yet for SQ. From its 3-tier, all metal chassis to its extruded aluminum light bar, SQ has tremendous strength and rigidity underlying its good looks.
The Mixing Experience
With each new design, the Allen & Heath team strives to get closer to the ultimate mixing experience. SQ’s dashboard is centred around a high-res 7″ capacitive touchscreen, framed by an array of high-grip, illuminating encoders to create an intuitive, integrated blend of clear visual feedback and immediate, hands-on control. Channels and mixes can be dragged and dropped to any strip, with custom naming and color coding on the color strip displays, allowing you to build a mixing environment that mirrors your own workflow.
Each strip features our patented Chromatic channel metering system, giving you at-a-glance level indication thanks to LEDs with variable brightness and color. SQ-6 also offers 16 Softkeys and 4 Soft Rotaries with displays that can be assigned to the functions you want at your fingertips and a ‘channel to all’ mix button to instantly access all sends from the selected channel.
Allen & Heath has a well-earned reputation for crafting FX emulations that rival the very best plug-ins, but with none of the associated hassle. SQ is armed with 8 stereo FX engines and features the acclaimed RackExtra library of emulations of legendary classic reverbs, gated reverbs, delays, modulators and more. All FX have dedicated stereo returns so you don’t need to waste input channels.
ME Personal Mixing System
SQ is fully compatible with the ME Personal Mixing System, allowing the performers to take control of their own monitor mixes. Any number of ME-1 and ME-500 personal mixers can be daisy-chained from the mixer’s SLink port or from a connected remote expander.