The Shure PGXD24/SM86 is a wireless handheld microphone system offering high-quality 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio in a cost-effective, reliable package that’s easy to use. The lightweight tabletop receiver is highly portable, making it an excellent fit for on-the-go presenters, lecturers, performers, and DJs working in small venues—including weddings, houses of worship, classrooms, offices, and conference spaces.
PGX-D Digital systems operate in the 900 MHz band, far away from potential TV and cell phone interference. The receiver offers true digital diversity, using two antennas and two independent receiver circuits to ensure reliable transmission at a maximum line-of-sight range of up to 200′.
Operation is simple. Press the Scan button, and the receiver scans for a clean frequency. Press the Sync button, and the receiver and transmitter lock to the same channel via infrared ports. That’s it, you’re up and running. If the RF environment changes and interference is heard, simply rescan and resync to operate on a new clean frequency.
This configuration comes with a handheld transmitter featuring an interchangeable SM86 condenser mic capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern. The transmitter runs for up to 9 hours on two AA batteries. Up to 5 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
A Portable System with Easy-to-Use Components
- Lightweight, plastic construction for portability
- Fixed, front-facing antennas
- LEDs indicate audio levels and transmitter battery strength as well as group, channel, and locked/unlocked status
- The back panel houses an XLR mic-level output as well as a 1/4″ instrument-level output
- Frequency lockout to prevent accidental changes
Handheld Transmitter with Interchangeable SM86 Capsule
- The SM86 condenser capsule features a frequency response tailored for clear vocal reproduction, while the cardioid polar pattern minimizes background noise
- The capsule’s two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath noise
- The transmitter’s interchangeable capsule design allows you to swap out the SM86 for a different mic if required; capsule options include the Beta 58, PG58, and the legendary SM58
- 10 dB of adjustable gain accommodates a wide variety of vocalists, from loud singers to low-volume speakers
- Power switch doubles as mute switch with quick press
- Frequency, power, and mute lockout to prevent accidental interruptions
- LEDs show mute, battery, and lockout status
- Lightweight design with molded ABS housing
Add Functionality to Your System
- The WL185 cardioid lavalier mic is a hands-free mic option that clips to clothing for presenters and performers
- The WL184 supercardioid lavalier mic offers a narrower, feedback-resistant pickup pattern for louder events
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications
- The PGA31 is a comfortable headset microphone for lectures and presentations
- For fitness instructors, the SM31FH is a condenser mic fitness headset with a lightweight, sweat-resistant construction designed to withstand demanding workouts
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass