Shure GLXD14/85 Digital Wireless Cardioid Lavalier Microphone System (2.4 GHz)
The Shure GLXD14/85 digital wireless lavalier microphone system features a compact and lightweight GLXD4 tabletop receiver with fixed antennas, ideal for portable use in educational facilities, conference rooms, houses of worship, and small to mid-sized venues.
The GLXD14/85 is configured with a bodypack transmitter and a WL185 cardioid lavalier microphone. The mic delivers natural vocal reproduction for presenters, performers, clergy, and lecturers working in loud environments.
The GLXD14/85 combines digital audio clarity with reliable wireless performance, automatic frequency management, and intelligent battery rechargeability in a system that’s convenient to travel with, simple to operate, and ready to go at the push of a button. You can run up to four mics simultaneously in typical settings and up to 8 mics under controlled Wi-Fi conditions.
The transmitter provides up to 16 hours of operation on an SB902 rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a transmission range up to 200′.
Digital Audio Clarity for Speech Applications
- The system transmits audio with a flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and 120 dB of dynamic range, leaving the sound of your mic unaffected by the wireless components.
Cardioid Lavalier Mic Optimized for Speech
- The WL185 condenser microphone mic is optimized for speech intelligibility with a cardioid polar pattern that helps to reject unwanted noise.
Fast to Set Up and Simple to Operate
- Press one button on the receiver and one on the transmitter, and the system is ready to operate.
- When you power up the receiver, it automatically searches for the cleanest available frequency, avoiding time-consuming frequency setup.
- If RF interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter automatically jump to a new clear frequency, with no interruption of the audio signal.
- The front-panel display lets you see the channel you’re operating, a level meter, and the remaining battery life of the transmitter.
- The transmitter’s gain can be wirelessly adjusted right from the receiver’s front panel to optimize the audio signal.
- Automatic transmitter power-off function conserves battery life when transmitter is not in use.
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- The GLXD1 features a rugged metal construction with an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable fit. It is also equipped with a TA4M 4-pin mic input jack and a convenient on/off switch can be operated by feel.
- A red LED indicates low remaining battery life.
Reliable Wireless Performance
- True digital diversity means two antennas and two independent receiver modules work together to reduce RF signal dropouts.
- The GLX-D operates in the globally unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum, free from TV-channel interference (for optimal results, use of the system is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi traffic).
Intelligent Battery Rechargeability for Uninterrupted Performance
- The GLXD1 bodypack transmitter runs on an intelligent SB902 rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included).
- The battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous use on a full charge.
- The SB902 battery can be recharged in the GLXD4 receiver’s internal charging bay (located on the front panel). The charging bay can also be used to recharge a spare battery while the transmitter is in use.
- Alternately, the SB902 can be recharged while in the bodypack transmitter with the included USB charging cable.
- Just a 15-minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use.
- One SB902 battery provides up to 10,000 hours of regular use, equivalent to 2500 alkaline batteries.
- The SB902’s remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver’s front panel.
Add Functionality to Your System
- The WL93 omnidirectional lavalier mic offers consistent pickup even when the performer turns away from the mic.
- The PGA31 is a comfortable headset microphone for lectures and presentations.
- The SM31FH is a rugged, moisture-repelling headset microphone designed to stay secure and comfortable during active performances.
- The GLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with a variety of mic capsules for presenters and performers who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone—including SM58, SM86, Beta 58A, and Beta 87A capsules.
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass.
- The WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone attaches to brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments.