PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Active Studio Monitors
If you’re looking for a pair of accurate nearfield monitors on a budget, consider the PreSonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitors, which consist of a pair of monitors designed for content creators, music lovers, and engineers who want to hear the details of their recordings. Tune each monitor to your specific environment with a bevy of convenient acoustical features, and drive the sound loud and clear.
Each monitor provides a woven 4.5″ composite woofer and a 1″ silk-dome tweeter, through which you can push up to 100 dB SPL. This is 17 dB more than the average, recommended standard of 83 dB SPL for studio work, so you’re more than covered when it comes to volume. The tweeter radiates a wide sonic dispersion pattern, so you’ll find the monitors give you a wide sweet spot.
The monitors offer a 3.5mm headphone output and a built-in headphone amplifier, so you can listen privately if need be. You’ll find a volume knob for the monitors and a separate volume knob for the headphones.
Each monitor gives you 25W of power. The system as a whole gives you a frequency range of 70 Hz to 20 kHz. Using high-pass filtering, a low-shelf EQ, and a high-shelf EQ, you can tune the monitors to your predilections. Separate Acoustic Tuning filters can be adjusted to tailor the frequency response to suit your room placement. Whether you’re mounting the monitor in the middle of your room, at the walls, or in the corners, you’ll have a sound to suit your needs.
Key Features at a Glance
- 4.5″ woven-composite low-frequency transducer
- 1″ low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Rear-firing acoustic port for bass-frequency reproduction
- Resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- High- and low-frequency tuning controls
- Front-panel volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
- 50W Class AB amplification (25W per side)
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier soft-start feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
- Balanced 1/4″ TRS inputs
- Unbalanced 3.5mm inputs
- Unbalanced RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 3.5mm headphone output