The Furman M-8Dx Merit X Series 8 Outlet Power Conditioner is a low-cost AC power solution for rack mount systems. Install an M-8Dx in the top slot of your rack, and the eight switched AC outlets in the rear panel will power up and protect all your equipment, up to a 15A load.
The M-8Dx features a digital bright red, 3digit LED voltmeter that displays the incoming line voltage from 60 to 150 VAC (accuracy /- 2 VAC). It also includes two pull-out light tubes for rack illumination, with dimmer control.
M-Series conditioners protect your delicate electronic equipment by combining high voltage varistor (MOV) surge and transient suppressors. The fast-acting suppression circuit quickly responds, and clamps transient voltages to safe levels. An RFI/EMI interference filter works to prevent noise from fluorescent lights, certain dimmers, radio transmitters, and similar sources of “electronic pollution” from contaminating the AC line, and from there leaking into sensitive audio, video, or computer circuits.
- The rear outlets have been spaced to accomodate even the bulkiest of wall warts and adapters.
- A circuit breaker is provided on the rear panel. If the total load on the Power Conditioner (combining all outlets) exceeds the 15A (or 1800W limit), the circuit breaker will trip. It may be easily reset by pushing in a button.
- A convenient master switch for the rear outlets which glows when the power is on. There is a separate “Rack Lights” switch for the lamps, plus a dimmer control knob which regulates the lamps’ brightness.
- Standard level filtration from radio frequencies and electromagnetic interference.
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC