Williams Sound WaveCAST 1-Channel Audio Streaming Over Wi-Fi/DSP Architecture/Unicast or Multicast Audio
WaveCAST is a Wi-Fi platform designed for pro-audio applications where high-quality sound is required. It is built on a hardware-based DSP audio system architecture, allowing system optimization to achieve the highest quality experience for the particular audio stream being delivered. Hearing assistance can be optimized for hearing loss, music can be optimized for high-fidelity playback and voice can be set for maximum speech intelligibility. Custom pre-sets can also be established for specific performance applications.
Professional audio inputs on the WaveCAST include 1/4″ XLR connectors, phantom power and a line level output jack. In addition to multi-stage gain control inputs, the DSP features include AGC, limiters, high and low pass filter and adjustable range compressor control. The 16-bit DAC provides a 48Khz sample rate for a smooth digital stream and minimizes digital harshness. WaveCAST supports both unicast and multicast network configurations. Up to four WaveCAST systems can be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to provide multiple listening channels — supporting up to 45 connections in unicast mode or up to 200 in multicast mode.
The new WaveCAST app provides an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface and is available in iOS or Android. Listeners easily select channel and volume level once their personal device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
• Corporate: Boardrooms/Conference Rooms/Training Rooms
• Education: Lecture Halls/Classrooms
• Government: Courtrooms/City Halls
Williams Sound WaveCAST Features
- Single-channel audio streaming over Wi-Fi
- Professional audio DSP architecture
- Unicast or multicast audio delivery
- Supports up to 45 connections in unicast mode or 200 in multicast mode
- Works with free WaveCast iOS or Android apps
- Professional audio inputs: 1/4″ XLR connectors, phantom power, line level output jack
- Multi-stage gain control inputs
- 16-bit DAC provides 48Khz sample rate
- Multi-channel discovery
- Optional Dante input