Roland VC-1-HS HDMI to SDI Video Converter
The Roland VC-1-HS HDMI to SDI Video Converter allows HDMI video sources to be incorporated into an SDI workflow, and can also serve and an audio embedder and de-embedder. The internal processing has been designed to faithfully preserve the incoming HDMI signal and frame rate without introducing interlacing artifacts, signal errors, or reducing the dynamic range of the image.
The VC-1-HS features an HDMI and an SDI output that supports 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, and SD-SDI. A hybrid balanced stereo analog and AES/EBU digital audio input allows additional audio sources to be embedded in the SDI stream along with any HDMI audio. For local monitoring there is an HDMI loop-out that can be used with standard, consumer-grade HDMI displays and will incorporate any audio that has been embedded within the unit. A hybrid analog/digital audio output separates the HDMI and embedded audio and can be used for local monitoring incase audio output is unavailable from the display.
- Audio Embedding and De-Embedding
- Two 1/4″ TRS inputs forming a L/R stereo pair allow a balanced analog or AES/EBU digital audio signal (using only the “R” input) to be embedded in the SDI stream, along with any existing HDMI audio. Once imbedded, the audio is passed to the HDMI loop-out as well as the SDI signal. In addition, all embedded audio can be output through two more 1/4″ TRS jacks either as stereo analog or AES/EBU digital (through the “R” output). This feature means the VC-1-SH can serve as a standalone audio embedded/de-embedder not just a video converter
- 3G-SDI Level A and Level B Support
- Part of the SMPTE 424M specification, Level A transports up to 60 progressive frames while Level B implements a multiplexing scheme that combines two stream of 50 or 60 Hz interlaced video. Support for both variants helps ensure this device will be widely compatible with 3G-SDI video equipment
- HDCP Support (HDMI Output Only)
- The VC-1-HS can pass an HDCP-encrypted video source, such as a Blu-ray DVD player, through to the HDMI loop-out. However, HDCP-protected content will not be allowed to pass to the SDI outputs. In this case, the device will only function as an audio embedder/de-embedder
- Mac and Windows Configurable
- Using the VC-1 RCS control application, available for free download from Roland, you can configure the VC-1-HS with more refined parameters than are available on the unit itself