The Roland V-4EX is an all-in-one video mixer with HDMI in/out, USB streaming out, and built-in multiviewer with touch control.
The Roland V-4EX advances the industry-standard Roland V-4 four-channel video mixer by incorporating HDMI inputs/outputs, USB streaming, HDCP support, built-in touch multi-viewer, and audio embedding. These features are added to the strong primary feature set including built-in effects and unique user interface that has made the V-4 one of the besting selling video mixers of all time.
Roland V-4EX Features:
- 3 Input (HDMI/Composite) 1 Input (Up to 1080pHDMI/RGB/Component/Composite)
- PGM Output (Up to 1080p HDMI RGB/Component Composite) PVW Output (PVW/Multiviewer)
- 480p/576p Progressive internal processing
- Built-in multiviewer with touch control
- Built-in frame synchronizers on all inputs
- Scalers on CH 4 and Output
- 259 Transitions 148 Effects
- HDCP compliant
- Audio Embedding
- Audio Mixer & Delay -up to 4 frames
- USB Streaming Out for web streaming
Roland V-4EX Applications:
- Houses of Worship
- Clubs (VJs)
- Educational Institutions
In addition to a number of powerful video effects, the user interface incorporates dial controls for effects on each bus and master output dial. The innovative design incorporates a video switcher, audio embedding, preview monitor and streaming-ready USB output all in a single unit. Inputs one to three feature composite (BNC) or HDMI while input four accepts HDMI, RGB/Component or S-video. The output features scaled-up HDMI, RGB/component, or SD composite with an additional HDMI output for external preview monitor. The Roland V-4EX features a stereo RCA audio input allowing you to embed audio into the HDMI outputs and USB stream, which are especially useful for web streaming and recording applications. As a USB Video/Audio class device, web streaming is effortless by simply connecting to a computer running a live streaming service. You can also record the output using Roland’s free Video Capture for Windows software or by using Quicktime on a Mac.
Designed to be a live production switcher and web streaming device, the Roland V-4EX features audio embedding, built-in audio mixer with up to 4 frames delay to “lipsync” your video source. It supports HDCP video allowing you to mix copyright protected material such as game consoles and Blu-ray content in your live production. HDMI inputs one to three accept video resolutions up to 480p/576p and HDMI input four accepts resolutions up to 1080p and RGB up to WUXGA (1920×1200). Although internal processing is SD-based, the output can be scaled up to 1080p or 1920×1200.
Roland V-4EX Specifications:
- Video Processing: 4:2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr), 8 bits (Internal Processing : 480/59.94p when set to NTSC, 576/50p when set to PAL)
- Audio Processing: Sampling Rate: 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch.
- HDMI Video (INPUT 1 — 3): 480/59.94p (when set to NTSC), 576/50p (when set to PAL)
- HDMI and Component Video (INPUT 4): 480/59.94i, 480/59.94p, 720/59.94p,1080/59.94i, 1080/59.94p (when set to NTSC), 576/50i, 576/50p, 720/50p,1080/50i, 1080/50p (when set to PAL)
- HDMI Audio (INPUT 1 — 4): Linear PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch.
- RGB (INPUT 4): 640 x 480/60Hz, 800 x 600/60Hz, 1024 x 768/60Hz, 1280 x768/60Hz, 1280 x 1024/60Hz, 1366 x 768/60Hz, 1400 x 1050/60Hz, 1600 x1200/60Hz, 1920 x 1200/60Hz
*The refresh rate is the maximum value of each resolution.
*Conforms to VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
*1920 x1200/60Hz : Reduced blanking
- Composite Video (INPUT 1 — 4): NTSC, PAL
- S-Video (INPUT 4): NTSC, PAL
- HDMI and RGB/Component Video (OUTPUT): 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p,576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p,1080/50p
640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1366 x768, 1400 x 1050, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1200
*The output format of HDMI and RGB/Component is always the same. When an interlaced format is selected, component signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector. When anon-interlaced format is selected, RGB signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
*The refresh rates of RGB format is 60 Hz when set to NTSC, 75Hz when set to PAL (excluding 1600 x 1200 and 1920 x 1200. The refresh rate of these 2 is 75 Hz when set to PAL.)
*RGB formats: Conforms to VESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
*1920 x 1200/60Hz : Reduced blanking
- HDMI Audio (OUTPUT): Linear PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch.
- Composite Video: NTSC, PAL
- Preview Video (PVW OUT): 480/59.94p when set to NTSC, 576/50p when set to PAL
- Preview Audio (PVW OUT): Linear PCM, 24 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch
- USB Video: 720 x 480 when set to NTSC, 720 x 576 when set to PAL, MotionJPEG
- USB Audio: Linear PCM, 16 bits/48 kHz, 2 ch.
HDMI: Type A (19 pins) x4 (INPUT 1 — 4)
RGB/Component: HDDB-15 type x1(INPUT 4)
Composite: BNC type x4 (INPUT 1 — 4)
S-Video:4-pin mini DIN type x1 (INPUT 4)
- Audio: RCA-pin type x1 pair (AUDIO IN)
- Final Output:
HDMI: Type A (19 pins) x1 (OUTPUT)
RGB/Component: HDDB-15 type x1 (OUTPUT)
Composite: BNC type x1 (OUTPUT)
- Preview Output:
HDMI: Type A (19 pins) x1 (PVW OUT)
- Other Connectors;
MIDI: 5 pins DIN type x2 (IN, OUT/THRU)
USB: B type x1 (for streaming and remote control)
Signal Level Impedance:
Signal Level: 1.0 Vp-p (luminance), 0.7 Vp-p (chroma)
Impedance: 75 ohms
Signal Level: 1.0 Vp-p
Impedance: 75 ohms
Signal Level: 1.0 Vp-p
Impedance: 75 ohms
- Analog Audio:
Nominal Input Level: – 10 dBu
Maximum Input Level: 8dBu
Impedance: 15 k ohms
- Display: Graphic Color LCD, 320 x 240 dots, touch panel
- Video Effects:
Transition: Mix, Cut, Wipe (259patterns)
Composition/Filter: Picture in Picture, Luminance Key, ChromaKey, Strobe, Negative, Colorize, Feedback, Emboss, Multi, Mirror etc. (148types)
Others: Output Fade, Freeze
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 2.0 A
- Accessories: AC adaptor, Power Cord, RCA – BNC conversion plug x 2, Owner’s Manual
- Dimensions: 8-7/8 in. W x 11-11/16 in. D x 4-3/16 in. H (225 x 296 x 105 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs. 12 oz. (2.6 kg)