Williams Sound FM 558-24FM+ Assistive Listening with 24 Receivers
Part of the FM+ Assistive Listening Systems lineup from Williams Sound, the FM 558-24 is a large-area Dual FM and Wi-Fi® assistive listening system that includes (24) FM R38 receivers.
FM+ from Williams Sound
This groundbreaking tech provides an industry-first choice of employing traditional FM receivers or using personal electronic devices over Wi-Fi for hearing assistance. Along with this versatility comes exceptional audio quality, as FM+ is assembled on a professional digital audio (DSP) platform. This technology is designed to support those who want to use their own smartphones and headphones for a more discreet assistive listening experience. Simplicity and flexibility is also available for those who prefer a more traditional assistive listening system with a dedicated FM receiver and headset. Now, venues will no longer need to choose between providing FM or Wi-Fi assistive listening systems. FM+ supports the iOS and Android WaveCAST Apps as well as the Wi-Fi Receiver– in addition to all of the current and legacy Williams Sound FM receivers that operate on the 72-76 MHz bandwidth.
Assistive Listening • Interpretation • Audio Description • Presentation • Education/Training
FM 558-24 System Includes
- (1) FM T55 transmitter
- (24) PPA R38N receivers
- (24) EAR 022 surround earphones
- (2) NKL 001 neckloops
- (1) IDP 008 ADA wall plaque
- Professional audio inputs: ¼”/XLR, phantom power, line level output jack
- Audio presets — hearing assistance, music, voice and custom
- 16-bit DAC provides 48 kHz sample rate
- 10-segment LED bar graph
|Use with||PPA T45,PPA T45NET, PPA T27 Transmitters|
|Cable type||RG 59 coax|
|Nominal Impedance||75 Ohm|
|Total Cable Length||22 ft|
|Active Antenna Length||80 in|
CHG 3512 architectural and engineering specifications
- The CHG 3512 shall be a 12-unit, drop-in battery charger and shall charge a maximum of 24 AA size NiMH batteries while they are installed into the Williams Sound PPA R37, PPA R35-8, R36, R863, RX22-4 style 3V receivers, or PPA T36, PPA T46, PFM T36, T863 style 3V transmitters.
- The charger CHG 3512 shall be microprocessor controlled and enclosed in ABS plastic, measuring 9.5″ L x 7.4″ W x 1.7″ H (24.1cm L x 18.8cm W x 4.3cm H). The CHG 3512 unit shall weigh 1.2 lbs (2.64 Kg) without power supply, 2.48lbs (1.1 Kg) shipping weight. In the optional carry case, the charger shall weigh 10 lbs. (4.53 kg).
- The charger shall be a timed charger at 16 hours, and will provide a maintain charge once the timer has completed its charging cycle. Each bay on the charger shall have a red LED indicating charging status. The LEDs shall be on constantly during charging and will blink indicating when batteries are fully charged.
- The charger CHG 3512 shall be powered by an external switching power supply (90-240 VAC input; 5 VDC, 4A output) via a CD barrel connector.
- The charger shall have CE approval, and be compliant with RoHS and WEEE regulations.
- The charger shall be the Williams Sound model CHG 3512.
|Size:||9.5″L x 7.4″W x 1.7″H (24.1 cm L x 18.8 cm W x 4.3 cm H)|
|Weight:||1.2 lbs (.54 kg), excluding power supply|
|Power Supply Input:||90 – 240 VAC input|
|Power Supply:||TFP 037 Switching AC adapter, 5 VDC – 4A output|
|Charging Rate:||16 Hour Charge: 140 mA Pulse/Maintain: 140 mA|
|Charging Time:||16 hours nominal|
|Unit Capacity:||12 Units|
|Indicators:||Individual Charging Indicators: Red LEDs. LEDs blink when batteries are charged|
|Warranty:||1 year (cables and power supply warrantied for 90 days)|
|Approvals:||CE, WEEE, RoHS|
|Driver Size||23 mm|
|Freq. Response||20 – 20kHz|
|Max Power Input||30 mW|
|Sensitivity||118 dB @ 1kHz|
10-3/8″ (L) x 6-¼” (W) x 1/8″ (H)
PPA R38N architectural and engineering specifications
The receiver shall be encased in black, PC/ABS impact-resistant plastic with a hinged battery door. The receiver shall be a body-pack style and include a detachable belt-clip for hands-free operation. The receiver shall have a 3.5mm stereo jack to accommodate stereo or mono low impedance earphones, headphones and neckloops. The receiver shall have a power button that is backlit indicating power is on. The receiver shall receive 17 preset wideband channels between 72-76MHz. Channel selection shall be made in the menu. The receiver shall have channel-lock capability.
The receiver shall have a slide switch inside the battery compartment to select disposable Alkaline or NiMH rechargeable battery operation. It shall have charger contacts on the bottom of the receiver for use with Williams Sound drop-in chargers CHG 3512 and CHG 3502. The recevier shall operate up to 50 hours with two disposable AA Alkaline batteries (BAT 001-2) and up to 32 hours with two AA NiMH rechargeable batteries (BAT 026-2).
The receiver shall provide a maximum output of 35mW at 16Ω with an earbud type earphone. The systems audio frequency response shall be 200Hz to 15kHz ± 3dB and the signal to noise ratio shall be 65dB min. The receiver sensitivity shall be 2µV or better at 12dB Sinad with squelch defeated. The receiver shall accept up to ±75kHz FM deviation and have a 75 µS de-emphasis time constant.
The receiver shall have FCC, Industry Canada approvals and be compliant with RoHS and WEEE regulations. The receiver shall be covered by a Lifetime PLUS Limited Warranty, 90 Days on most accessories.
This receiver model shall be the Williams Sound model PPA R38N.
|4.1″ x 2.85″ x 1.38″ (104 x 72 x 35mm)|
|4.6oz (130g) with batteries. 2.6oz (73g) without batteries|
|Black/Silver. Black ABS Plastic case with Aluminum faceplate.|
|(2) AA Alkaline or (2) AA NiMH Rechargeable|
|(2) AA non-rechargeable alkaline batteries (BAT 001-2), approx. 50 hrs.|
|(2) AA rechargeable NiMH batteries (BAT 026-2), 1500mAh, approx. 32 hrs.|
Operating Temp. Range:
|32° – 122°F (0° to 50°C)|
|17 Wideband, accessed via menu|
|72.1, 72.2, 72.3, 72.4, 72.5, 72.6, 72.7, 72.8, 72.9, 74.7, 75.3, 75.4, 75.5, 75.6, 75.7, 75.8, 75.9 MHz*|
|Power button, backlit green.|
Good battery strength – glows solid. Low battery – flashes.
|2 µV at 12 dB Sinad with squelch defeated|
|200 Hz – 15 kHz, ±3dB|
|FM, +/- 75 kHz peak deviation|
|Minimum 65 dB @ 1.0V|
|Integral with earphone/headphone cord|
|35 mW max at 16 Ω|
|3.5 mm stereo jack, mono output for stereo or mono earphones/headphones|
|Stereo,earbud-type with foam cushion, 3.5 mm plug, 32 Ω|
Power Save Mode:
|Enters sleep mode after approximately 3 minutes of no RF signal|
|FCC, Industry Canada, RoHS, WEEE|
|Lifetime PLUS Limited Warranty, 90 Days on most accessories.|