Shure SLXD14/DL4B Digital Wireless DuraPlex Omni Lavalier Microphone System
The Shure SLXD14/DL4B offers actors, performers, instructors, clergy, and presenters a wireless lavalier microphone system that’s easy to set up and dependable, which delivers crystal-clear digital sound quality. Built around a rugged, single-channel, half-rack receiver with removable antennas, the system is ideally suited for portable rigs or long-term installations in small- to medium-sized venues, event spaces, conference rooms, houses of worship, and education facilities.
The SLX-D operates in the UHF band to transmit high-quality, 24-bit digital audio with over 120 dB of dynamic range for crisp, detailed sound. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver a solid, reliable RF signal without dropouts.
This configuration comes with a black DL4 DuraPlex waterproof miniature omnidirectional lavalier microphone built to withstand the rigors of professional use. The discreet bodypack transmitter has a selectable 1/10mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330′. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries or an SB903 rechargeable battery (available separately).
The all-metal, rackmount SLXD4 receiver features an intuitive LCD interface with meters for RF, battery status, and audio output. It also offers 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4″ instrument outputs. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning and IR sync to easily link the transmitter and receiver to the same frequency.
With up to 32 mic channels available at the same time, the SLX-D is ready to expand as your needs grow. What’s more, setting up multiple systems is made fast and easy via the Ethernet port, which links the receivers together for quick, coordinated frequency scans from a single location.
DL4 DuraPlex Lav Mic & Lightweight Bodypack Transmitter for Active Performers
- The DL4 DuraPlex lavalier mic features a 5mm miniature capsule for discrete placement.
- The mic has an IP57 dust-resistant and waterproof rating, great for active performers and vocalists.
- The mic also offers high gain before feedback, making it well suited for speech and vocals at events with loud sound reinforcement.
- The omnidirectional polar pattern picks up sound evenly from all directions, allowing for flexible mic positioning.
- Designed to stand up to adverse conditions, the mic is equipped with a long-lasting, fully paintable, 1.6mm Shure Plex cable.
- The mic plugs into the locking TA4M connector on the compact SLXD1 bodypack transmitter.
- The rugged, plastic transmitter has a belt clip that attaches to the talent’s clothing and an LCD that shows essential information.
Transparent Digital Sound, Dependable Performance, and More Mics
- The SLX-D delivers 24-bit digital audio with a fast transient response and over 120 dB of dynamic range—resulting in clear, accurate sound.
- The system operates in the G58: 470 to 514 MHz UHF band with a 44 MHz tuning range and 1760 selectable frequencies, far away from potential Wi-Fi interference in the 2.4 GHz band.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch between the two antennas for the cleanest signal—before dropouts occur.
- With a low latency of 3.2 ms, the system is ideal for applications that require live sound reinforcement.
- The SLX-D’s spectrum-efficient digital transmission technology allows for up to 32 mics to be used at once.
- Up to 10 compatible systems per 6 MHz TV band and 12 systems per 8 MHz band are supported.
- Ethernet networking saves you time with coordinated group scanning between multiple receivers from a single location; TCPI command streams from third-party companies such as AMX and Crestron are also supported.
Ready to Rackmount, Easy to Use
- Housed in a tough, half-rack metal chassis with detachable antennas, the SLXD4 receiver is a great fit for A/V installations or as part of a portable rackmount rig—ready to travel to a meeting, event, or performance.
- The SLX-D is engineered to provide outstanding sound for small- to medium-sized spaces and facilities—without costly, complicated features required primarily for large venues.
- Intuitive front-panel controls and a high-contrast LCD screen with audio and RF meters makes set up a snap.
- The auto-scan function automatically seeks out the cleanest available frequency for you. The receiver and transmitter then easily link to the same frequency via infrared.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain and the display shows you where the ideal level should be.
Optional Rechargeable Battery Management
- Adding the SB903 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, along with an SBC10-903 single charger or an SBC203 dual-docking charger, offers a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to throwing away AA batteries (battery and chargers available separately).
- Using the SB903 battery and SBC203 charger simplifies the task of keeping multiple transmitters charged and ready—you can even recharge the battery while still in the transmitter.
- When powered by an SB903, the transmitter displays the remaining battery life in hours and minutes.
Enhance the Reliability of Your System
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805SWB passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
A Variety of Mics and Transmitters Available
- The WL185 (cardioid) and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer narrower, feedback-resistant pickup patterns for louder events.
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The SM35 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.
- The SLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with several mic capsules choices for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.
There are no reviews yet.