Audio-Technica AT8035 overview
The AT8035 from Audio-Technica is a fixed-charge shotgun condenser microphone with a line gradient polar pattern well suited for video production, broadcast audio acquisition, wildlife recording, and high-quality sound reinforcement. The microphone requires 11 to 52V phantom power, but may be powered from a 1.5V AA battery.
The AT8035 features a highly directional polar pattern that provides a narrow acceptance angle to provide crisp, clear audio reproduction that is desirable for long-distance sound pickup. The microphone offers a frequency response of 40 Hz to 20 kHz and features an 80 Hz low frequency roll-off switch to help eliminate undesired rumble. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing and features a standard 3-pin XLRM type connector. The AT8035 ships with a stand clamp for 5/8″-27 threaded stands, a 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter, a windscreen, an AA battery, and a protective carrying case.
- Designed for professional recording, broadcasting and film/TV/video production
- Length is well-suited for ENG, outdoor recording and other specialized uses
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power