Shure AD2 Overview
The Shure AD2/B58 is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/B58 comes equipped with a Beta 58A dynamic capsule designed for close-up vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off to control proximity effect. The capsule features a supercardioid polar pattern that ensures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330′. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the AD2/B58 transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Interchangeable Design with Beta 58A Capsule
- The Beta 58A features a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output.
- The hardened steel-mesh grille resists wear and abuse.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the Beta 58A capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter’s range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.