The CD-2u SD/CD Recorder from Roland can be used to record audio directly to SD and SDHC cards as well as CD-Rs and CD-RWs. It features built-in stereo microphones as well as two combination XLR/TRS microphone inputs with 48V phantom power. It also accepts audio from a 1/8″ plug in power mic input as well as stereo RCA line inputs. The CD-2u is also designed to be used as a training tool and features a built-in tuner and metronome as well as playback speed and key adjustment. These features allow you to slow a song down to learn a difficult passage or adjust its key to suit your voice. The include wireless remote allows you to start and stop recording from a distance. The CD-2u can be powered by six AA batteries or the included AC adapter.
- Intuitive Operation
- The CD-2u records to SD/SDHC cards, and can also record directly to CD-R and CD-RW discs when using AC power. Thanks to the Easy Guide feature has on-screen instructions that guide you every step of the way. Easy Guide covers not only recording functions, but also CD backup, creating minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke, setting proper input levels, and other operations. You can even choose among English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Japanese for the display language
The included AC adapter is required for CD playback and recording.
- Connect External Mics and Other Devices
- While it can be used as a standalone unit, the CD-2u also provides connections to integrate external devices for various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow you to connect your own mics (with phantom power available if needed), including a stereo field-recording mics. There is also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or other audio source
- Your Education and Practice Partner
- The CD-2u has tools not only for developing music skills, but also other applications such as learning languages, transcribing spoken-word audio, and more. You can independently adjust the speed and key with exceptional audio quality, perfect for slowing down passages to learn difficult parts or changing the key of music to match your voice. Use A-B Repeat to play audio sections over and over, and turn on Center Cancel to create minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke. There’s also the Center Focus feature, which isolates center-located sounds in music tracks to make them easier to hear and learn