Designed to deliver professional-quality audio, the 12″ QSC K12.2 is a highly flexible, easy to use, 2000W powered portable PA speaker for today’s working musicians, singer/songwriters, mobile DJs, and other sound providers.
The speaker works in a variety of orientations and configurations for use as a main PA or stage monitor. When used as a main speaker, a pair of K12.2s is well equipped to cover an audience of 300+.
A push button on the back of the speaker allows you to physically switch between eleven preset modes and four subwoofer preset modes for incorporating a dedicated subwoofer to extended low-end performance. The built-in DSP provides user control over mic/line and mic/inst selections, factory presets, an alignment delay for rear fills, and a 2-band parametric EQ with high- and low-shelf filters. All settings can be saved into one of five user scenes for easy recall.
Two inputs (A and B) feature combo XLR-1/4″ connectors with input A offering a Mic/Line selection and input B offering Mic/Hi-Z selection, which is designed for connecting high-impedance signals such as guitars and other instruments. Additionally, channel 3 provides a 3.5mm TRS auxiliary input for connecting portable audio devices.
With independent mic and line inputs, the K12.2 is a great choice for any singer/songwriter or solo performer with an instrument. You have independent control over mic and instrument levels, while the aux input provides backing tracks or incidental music between sets.
Inputs A and B also feature XLR Thru-Outputs for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment. All three mono inputs are mixed to a mono signal internally and are passed-thru the Mix Out XLR connector. For a true stereo L/R operation, two K12.2s are needed with each to receive independent the left and right signals respectively.
The highly efficient 2000W Class-D amplifier powers the 12″ woofer and 1.4″ titanium compression driver, which provide full-range audio (50 Hz to 20 kHz) with a sound pressure level powerful enough to ensure the entire audience can hear your performance. QSC’s Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency with the horn pattern to ensure a uniform response across the coverage area (75° axisymetric). The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The K12.2 includes a power cord.
At a Glance
- 2000W Class-D amplifier module
- Factory Presets and savable/recallable scenes for commonly used applications
- Multifunction digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including crossover, EQ, delay, and frequency contour
- Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
- 6-year warranty with product registration
Advanced Power and DSP
- 2000W power module
- Delivers ample burst and continuous power for the loudspeaker’s premium drivers
- Designed with very low-noise fan cooling, enabling the enclosures to be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum.
- Subtle and sophisticated dynamics processing protects the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion
Presets and Scenes for Easy Setup
- Presets: The user may select from an extensive list of factory preset EQ contours
- DEFAULT: The basic voicing of the loudspeaker
- LIVE: For live sound reinforcement and vocal clarity
- LIVE BRIGHT: Similar to LIVE with some high-frequency boost to balance the sub
- DANCE: Low- and high-frequency emphasis
- STAGE MONITOR 1: For most stage monitor uses, reduces excessive bass build-up on stage
- STAGE MONITOR 2: For stage monitor use when low-frequency reproduction is needed
- AC GUIT / VOX: For acoustic guitars and VOX
- BASS AMP: For direct connection of bass instruments
- HAND MIC: For speech intelligibility and feedback reduction using a handheld microphone
- HEAD MIC: For speech intelligibility and feedback reduction using a head microphone
- STUDIO MON: For use as a recording monitor
- SUB Menu: Select a setting to match the top-box with a subwoofer
- NO SUB: For use without a subwoofer
- 80 Hz KS: Applies an 80 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF)
- 100 Hz K – KW – KLA: Applies a 100 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF) (for use with a K-SUB, KW Sub, or KLA Sub)
- 125 Hz: Applies a 125 Hz High-Pass Filter (HPF)
- Scenes: Savable and recallable Scenes can store information like user EQ, Delay, and input configuration settings
- DELAY: Adjust the signal delay for rear fill and similar applications
- 0 to 100 ms, 0 to 113′ (all units of measure change together when the Selection knob is turned)
- EQ: Adjust the 4-band, parametric equalizer
- High-Shelving Band: 1 to 10 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB)
- EQ1: 50 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB, 0.4 to 4 Q)
- EQ2: 200 Hz to 20 kHz (0 dB to -6 dB, 0.4 to 4 Q)
- Low-Shelving Band: 100 to 500 Hz (0 dB to -6 dB)
Flexible Applications and Configurations
- Floor Monitor
- Use on its side
- Use vertically
- Main PA
- Suspended from above
- Placed on a tripod stand
- Placed on a pole mount on top of a subwoofer