Mackie PPM1012 12-Channel 1600W Desktop Mixer
Mackie’s PPM1012 ultra-light and rack-mountable professional powered desktop mixer features two ridiculously robust power amps for mains and/or monitors (800W 800W @ 4 Ohms Peak). With 1600 watts of peak system power, this mixer provides all the raw power that you need. The PPM1012 custom designed Class-D amps are cool-running and boast maximum efficiency, keeping your sound pumping. Also included is Mackie’s proven Fast Recovery circuitry eliminates the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter’s attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM1012 to its maximum output, distortion free.
Dual (as in 2) all-new RMFX (Running Man FX) effects processors bring “gig-ready,” useable effects to your mixes. Other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays with common amounts of repeats enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but the preset delay time doesn’t work, you can tap it in instantly. Basically, Mackie delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig.
Armored and ready for action, the PPM1012 is encased in solid metal, protecting it from years of abuse and one too many spilled beers. The integrated front handle allows you to easily pick it up and get going, and it is rack-mountable for added rigidity and security.
Matching speakers to amps can suck the fun out of an otherwise pleasant trip to the music store. Keeping that in mind, PPM mixers and Mackie passive speakers were made for each other. From the popular C series (C300/200) to the S series (S200/S400), they designed their mixer to match the power requirements of their passive speakers perfectly. The PPM1012 power mixer easily provides enough power for a complete system. In fact, they can drive two of Mackie’s S215 15″ 2-way speakers off the mains AND a pair of C300s as monitors without needing outboard amps.
So if you want a truly professional set of tools for your next gig, including a Mackie mixer, onboard compressors, Fast Recovery amplification, twin graphic EQs, and “gig-ready” effects, pair up a PPM1012 and any Mackie Precision Passive loudspeakers for the ultimate, portable, professional P.A. system.
Mackie PPM1012 Features:
- Full-featured 12-Channel, 1600W Peak total (1000 Watts RMS) Powered Desktop Mixer with 4-segment LEDs and solo PFL on every channel
- 800W 800W Peak @ 4 Ohms (500W 500W RMS @ 4 Ohms) Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery™ power amplifiers
- 32-bit dual RMFX ™ processor featuring 24 “Gig Ready”, useable reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- Eight mic/line mono inputs and two stereo line inputs for flexible connectivity
- Mackie high-headroom, low-noise mic preamps with RF rejection for pristine signal
- New Dedicated In-line Compression provides increasedpresence and punch for vocals and instruments
- Mackie’s 3-Band Active channel EQ with a Mid sweep (100Hz-8kHz) on mono channels & 4-band active EQ on stereo line channels 7& 8
- Two built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections on channels 7 & 8
- Four Aux sends—Two FX & two Mon
- Dual 9-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- Mono output with level control & low pass filter selectable from 75Hz-100Hz
- 3-Mode Amplifier for ultra-flexible routing,switchable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- 48v Phantom power available for all mic inputs
- Headphone output with level control
- 12v BNC lamp Jack
- Built-like-a-tank metal chassis with a handle builtinto the front of the mixer for easy transport
- Rack ears included
- Lightweight and portable (29lbs/ 13kg)