Denon DN-280 60W Mono Zone Amplifier with Microphone Input (70V/100V/4 Ohms)
The Denon DN-280 is a compact zone amplifier with a built-in XLR input that lets you plug a microphone. A 3.5mm aux input on the front panel and a dual-RCA channel input on the rear panel accept stereo audio signals from external playback devices such as a smartphone or a stereo tuner. The stereo signals and the mic are all summed into mono for paging, P.A. announcements, and background-music applications.
The compact amplifier delivers 60W of power into a 4-ohm load or 70/100V speaker runs. With a 1/2-rack space profile, it is ideal for powering multiple-speaker setups in restaurants, bars, kiosks, stores, or any location where discreet and easy-to-use equipment is preferred.
At a Glance
- Class-D 60W mono amplifier
- 70V/100V/4 Ohms Euroblock output
- 1/2-rack 1 RU design for standalone or rackmount use (includes rackmounting hardware)
- XLR-1/4″ combo microphone input with gain control—accepts mic/line levels
- The mic input includes a ducking feature, which automatically reduces the gain of the music by 20 dB when the microphone is in use at the same time
- 3.5mm aux input and dual-RCA channel input for external playback devices
- Removable rubber feet and option to mount two units together in a 19″ 1 RU rackspace
- Paging microphone input with gain control
- Bass/treble and master volume controls
- Built-in short-circuit protection
- Front-panel LED indicators for signal present, clipping status, and thermal interruption