The Behringer X-TOUCH EXTENDER is a MIDI controller suitable for both studio and live applications, allowing you to forego the mouse in favor of a more traditional, console-based approach. It can complement your existing X-TOUCH Universal Control Surface, or it can connect to your host computer all on its own.
The X-TOUCH EXTENDER provides eight faders, and each fader gives you a rotary control, an LCD scribble strip, and a set of control buttons (select, mute, solo, and record arm are offered). Furthermore, each motorized and touch-sensitive fader gives you a 100mm throw, while the rotary control up top provides a 13-segment LED collar to show you your exact placement of specific, selectable parameters (for instance, panning). Other visual indicators abound, such as 8-segment LED metering on every channel, clip indicators, and colorful scribble strips with easy-to-read parameter displays.
The X-TOUCH EXTENDER supports standard MIDI control protocol, as well as Mackie Control and HUI. Thus, it may be used with every compatible piece of music-production software. It is compatible with Mac and Windows computers. The unit can also function as a USB hub, with two USB 2.0 ports that supply 5V of power. Through these ports, you can grow your setup with additional X-TOUCH Extenders or the X-TOUCH Universal Control Surface. A full license of Tracktion—a fully functional DAW—is included with this device.
- Key Features at a Glance
- For studio and live applications
- Supports Mackie Control, HUI, and standard MIDI control protocol, thus providing seamless integration with all compatible music-production software
- Multiple X-TOUCH and EXTENDER units can be combined to give you a large-scale control surface for mixing applications
- Eight 100mm motorized faders, fully automated and touch-sensitive
- Eight dynamic LCD scribble strips for instant overview of track names and parameters
- Eight rotary controls with LED-collars for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- Built-in USB MIDI interface for direct connection to Mac or Windows computers
- 2-port powered Multi-TT USB hub for connecting additional controllers
- Ethernet interface for RTP (Real-Time Protocol) MIDI remote control
- Tracktion included