Behringer Poly D
MFR #POLY D
Designed for the musician, producer, or sound designer looking for that classic ladder-filter sound of the 70’s, the Behringer Poly D is a quad-voice polyphonic, four-oscillator powerhouse with a pure analog signal path, 37-note full-sized semi-weighted keyboard, and built-in distortion and chorus effects. The synthesizer utilizes matched transistors and JFETs, precision 0.1% thin-film resistors, and polyphenylene-sulfide capacitors, which allow for flexible sound-shaping capabilities resulting in super-fat basses and lead tones, mind-bending effects, and progressive organ sounds. The Poly D offers a wide range of playable modes including mono, unison, and poly.
The four VCOs offer a wide range of waveforms for sculpting sound. VCOs 1, 2, and 3 include triangular, sharktooth, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse, while VCO4 features triangle, reverse saw, saw, square, wide pulse, and narrow pulse. Additionally, all 4 VCOs can be adjusted across a wide, 6-octave range (LO, 32′, 16′, 8′, 4′, and 2′). At the heart of the Poly D beats the highly flexible 24 dB ladder-style filter with controls for filter cutoff, emphasis, and contour. The filter can be switched between high-pass and low-pass, while the dedicated envelope allows the filter to be shaped over time. What’s more, the filter can be key-tracked for realistic recreations of acoustic instruments.
Other notable additions to the Poly D include an arpeggiator with 8 patterns, a 32-step sequencer with 64 memory locations, two types of analog chorus, and an analog distortion circuit to add spice and edge to your sounds. The rear panel provides stereo 1/4″ main outputs, a 1/4″ external input for processing, and a variety of 1/4″ CV inputs and outputs to add additional control over the instrument. Route the velocity to the VCA or Filter for expressive playing or interface with other external analog CV gear for even more sound design potential. The Behringer Poly D includes a power adapter.
- Analog synthesizer with quadruple VCO design allows for fat music creation
- 4-Voice polyphonic/paraphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity and after-touch functionality
- Authentic reproduction of original D-type circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% thin film resistors and polyphenyline sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Amazing stereo chorus based on authentic circuitry
- Distortion circuitry adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 84 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Stereo outputs featuring servo-balanced output stages for highest signal integrity
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection