Behringer Neutron is a semi-modular analog synthesizer with a pure signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, VCA, and state-variable filter designs. The instrument can create huge bass lines, edgy lead tones, stunning effects, and progressive organ sounds, making it well suited for musicians, producers, DJs, and sound designers.
The Neutron can be used in monophonic or paraphonic modes. In mono mode, the synthesizer responds to a single note performance, while in paraphonic mode both 3340 oscillators are allowed to be independently controlled. The semi-modular design allows you to start working with the Neutron straight out of the box, as all necessary connections are prewired (no cables needed). The 36-in/24-out patchbay provides a vast array of potential connections that are 100% Eurorack compatible. What’s more, the synthesizer can be removed from its included enclosure and placed inside any standard Eurorack case (80hp).
The highly flexible dual voltage controlled oscillators provide a remarkable range of expressive sounds via 5 waveforms, which can be sculpted into a wide range of tones. Oscillators 1 and 2 have options including Tone Mod, Square, Sawtooth, Triangular, or Sine, which can be adjusted across an extremely-wide, 3-octave range (32′, 16′, 8′).
The highly-flexible 12 dB state-variable filter provides a cutoff frequency from 10 Hz to 15 kHz with resonance and is prewired to Env2 with modulation and envelope depth controls. There is a 3-way switch with LPF, BPF, and HPF selections for a wide pallet of tones. Additionally, the filter can keytrack with higher notes becoming brighter, which mimics the characteristics of most acoustic instruments.
The VCA can be overloaded via the onboard Overdrive circuit, which provides a growl and edge to your sound, without losing the low end. The Neutron also includes an all-analog, bucket-brigade delay, which provides 25 to 640ms of delay time. What’s more the delay time can be controlled via CV from the Eurorack patchbay and allows for some mind-bending effects. Other notable features include a 5-waveform LFO, which can be synchronized with MIDI clock, key sync, and a noise generator, which dramatically expands the waveform generation. The Behringer Neutron ships with a power supply.
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for remarkable music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sounds
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings with no patching needed for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle, sine)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Self-oscillating, multimode VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks)
- Two analog ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (bucket brigade delay) technology
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync and key sync
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real-time access to all parameters
- Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter, and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32-in/24-out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB-MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer