The ATM230PK Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone from Audio Technica features a set of three compact microphones suitable for mic rack and floor toms, snare drums, and other percussion instruments.
The microphones feature a proprietary capsule designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an accurate low-end reproduction. The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source. It also features a low-profile design which allows for a wide variety of placements. These microphones have a rugged metal construction and are built for live and studio settings.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Handles high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with accurate attack
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Incorporates rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction
- Includes AT8665 drum mount and a soft protective pouch